We both have very little money so what can be had as gifts donations etc is helpful. We both work and go to school so what is not left for paying for school or living expenses goes to gear. I used the bivy maybe most 4 times. My friend couldn't even think about getting in something that small. I was tired of being in such a small shelter, I took the tent instead. While the tent has a lot of room I tried it out my uncle and me and a dog could fit in it it was a squeeze though. My friend has a personal space issue. I really want to try the 4th season but a persistant lack of snow and budget has lead me to give up on that goal. Also I did not want to tap into spring break funds. I am going to try a henessy hammock it seems like the ideal shelter between a tarp and a bivy for that trip I took:

TNF Rock 22
TNF Crestone 60 backpack
Pocket Knife
National Geo Map
Katadyn Hiker Pro
Walmart Tarp ( instead of sitting on the dirt or cooking in the dirt)
LLBean Cotton Khakis
Walmart Nylon Shorts
LL Bean Lightweight Fleece
Starter brand work out jersey
Freeze Dried Meals from Mountain house 4 days worth
Cabela Rain Jacket
10 pkgs of rammon
36 granola bars
3 boxes of Quaker Oatmeal
Army Surplus Mess Kits
2 Coleman Canister Fuel Tanks
1 First Aid Kit
1 package of vasoline soaked cotton balls
1 Brunton Raptor Stove
1 Snow Peak Solo Ti Kit
1 Black Diamond Headlamp
1 50ft of roap (used for hanging tarp in trees to avoid rain must have been a lb)
1 ursack bears aren't a problem racoons and squirrels and foxes are
1 Teva hiking shoes
1 pkg of hanes athletic socks
1 pkg of hanesundershorts
1 Mountain Hardware Trekker Syn Bag
1 Space Blanket

I am planning on for this spring summer to change it to

1 henessy expedition hammock
1 Golite Race Pack
1 Ex Officio Convertible Pants
1 Patagonia Capilene shirt
1 Fleece Jackect haven't decided yet
1 Cabela Rain Jacket
1 snow peak solo ti kit
1 petzel head lamp
1 ziplock package of vasoline soake cotton balls
1 brunton raptir stive
2 coleman canister fuek tanks
food
1 space blanket
1 lexan bowl
1 snow peak ti spork
pair of merrel hiking shoes
1 katadyn hiker pro
1 polysil tarp
1 ursack
1 equinox 50 ft of roap I think this stuff is lighter then what I was carrying

I have sold the bivy buying the henessy will keep the TNF rock22 for winter camping when I get the money for the gear. I will probaly keep the crestone 60 for winter camping I cant come to terms with selling it because my Grandma spent what little she had buying that for my 18th birthday and it really pushed me from a wallflower to an active backpacker. Sorry this turned to be a long post but people were wondering why I brought so much and what I brought so I posted lesson learned