Stupid mistake if one is planning on taking their best mate hiking make sure the person is somewhat athletic. My friend heard about all the cool adventures I have been having in Isle Royale and Pictured Rocks. He decided to head up with me to Isle Royale for a week. I told him what he needed to purchase. He decided not to so he carried all cotton and deniem very heavy. This is the second time I used my Rock 22 TNF fent with all the food and gear and my heavy clothing it made my pack about 50 lbs. This while I was learning UL that summer I ditched my car camp tent and purchased a bivy ditched the old 80's metal frame back pack for internal frame. Purchased frameless bag for short 3 dayers I was close to UL but not to close. I had to carry 50lbs for a week his pack was 40 lbs with cloths and a tent. He decided he couldnt walk the distance anymore I pulled out the tent from his bag and lashed it to my pack I swear his tent was 10 to 20 lbs, making my pack 60 lbs. I had to then carry this for the last 3 days. On the second to last day he twisted his ankle I had to carry his pack for a couple miles before a boy scout dad helped us with a pole carry. So I had to carry 100 lbs or more on me. In the end what did I learn make sure your friends are well prepared and have some experience before you go out for a long trip his cotton cloths got soaked in sweat and rain making it horrible for him. I do not think he wants to go backpacking with me ever again