Welcome back, ben! I know you had gone travelling and wondered if you had sailed over the edge of the earth.

Montbell Inflatable Pillow:

The Good: It's really comfortable and reasonably light. I picked one up at the Boulder store a few week ago on my way to an overnighter in the Wild Basin area of RMNP. Since I knew I'd be spending a lot ot time inside the tent because of the long hours of darkness this time of year and a snow storm heading in that evening, I wanted to be comfortable. Thanks, in part, to the Montbell pillow I was able to sleep most of 14 hours. It's built so that there is about a four inch section in the middle that is lower than the rest ot the pillow so it very effectively cradles your head. It also seems very durable.

The Bad: It's still an inflatable and feels like one. To add a little cush, I let a bit of air of of the pillow and used my hat and hood of my sleeping bag between my head and the pillow.

The Ugly: You already guessed this one. But you may find this pillow so comfortable for the weight that this is that last pillow you may ever buy. Prorated over many nights of backcounty comfort it may seem like a real bargain.