Hi Jim. I am moving away from eating dehydrated meals as they often cause gastric issues for me so I'm transitioning to simple cooking. On my last trip, I used the Bot pot and a mix of fresh and leftover prepared food which worked but was not optimal. That's why I was polling for ideas.

I was able to make-do, but realized I need a better way to cut, prep and eat the food. I'm going to use a remote-canister stove which is much more stable for stirring and has better simmer control with a wide pot more suited to cooking and eating than just boiling water.

Digging through my gear pile I found my old foldable plastic mug, which might pair well with the Sierra pot, as it gives me some liquid measurements and a nice drinking mug. With the mug unfolded, I should be able to prep and cook on the ground without getting food smells on the chair which is also my sleeping pad (bear country).

It sounds like no one is using a little table or similar to prep. I may try using my bear canister as a tiny table or spread out a bandana to catch spills.