I do like your refilling a smaller canister idea Dustin. The IsoPro canisters are of a much lighter gage steel than the pure propane canisters. I’m seeing people filling a smaller canister from a larger canister of the same manufacturer with a valve designed for this.

The G-WORKS Gas Saver Plus is about 30 bucks and some other valves run around 20 bucks. They are filling the small canisters from the one pound canisters with this valve. They are freezing the smaller canister and letting the larger canister become warmer so the pressures will make the flow and exchange work as well as possible. We just need to be careful not to overfill.

Now I just need to get to town so I can buy a smaller canister. I’ll get the valve from Amazon. My local shop has all sizes of MSR, Jetboil and Olicamp canisters with MSR being the more expensive. I’m moving more towards Olicamp recently.

People are refilling the green one pound Colman canisters from large propane tanks but I’m not going to fool around with that. I’m sticking with IsoPro for hiking.