Sorry to hear you injured yourself with that fall. Hope it heals up fast. Head wounds always bleed so much.

I’d look for the reason of the tumble. Sometimes when one falls they tripped over something but I’ve noticed that after 400 miles on any shoes with EVA midsoles my shoes become unstable. Change to a brand new pair and the problem disappears for me. Even if they still look good they aren’t. When it comes to gear I buy new shoes more than any other equipment.

Another issue is brain to ankle synapses. I used to ride a bicycle in hot weather and hike the other seasons. When doing so my synapses definitely slowed to the point of taking tumbles. When actively hiking often that doesn’t happen. The brain tells the ankle to stiffen in time to prevent, or tells me to hop, skip or jump back to balance. Girlfriend fell nine times one year. I gave her an exercise standing on one foot and tapping the other foot around it in a semi circle back and forth as far as she could reach, then changing to her other foot. That had a profound difference on her balance. The terrain we constantly hike is steep and rocky and she has only fallen once this year and has caught herself and prevented any other falls.

I hope you recover quickly and keep the rubber side down. smile