I just checked, and you're right - there is a very slight serration on the scissors. I got my Classic out, and there's no serration - so I did some test cutting. First, paper: the cut from each scissors seems identical; there is no serrated cut on the paper. Then I tried moleskin (the only other thing I typically cut on the trail): the Classic scissors cut moleskin clean and easily, but the Clip 580 scissors would not cut moleskin at all.

If you deploy the clippers, but don't "flip" the clipper handle over (so it will make the clipper motion), it does make the handle longer. Not sure why I'd need to do that, though.

I did some additional checking at Victorinox and Amazon, and they also sell the clippers by themselves, in two varieties: the clippers with a small red plastic handle on one end, and the clippers inside a Classic-style body (complete with tweezers and toothpick.) The clippers really do work well, so I may order the separate clippers, which weigh less than the drugstore clippers I was using. (Combining the clippers with a Classic, and I'll get my screwdriver back!)