Today I saw the strangest and most moving sights. Two hummingbirds did a flight dance for 15 minutes. They moved together in a ballet that was one of the most sensual and beautiful things I have ever seen. At times they both lit on the feeder opposite each other or side by side. Then back into the mesmerizing ballet.
This was not a regular hummingbird dogfight. It was a rare duet between two sentient beings, the most maneuverable and among the fastest birds on earth with a top speed of 35 mph by beating its wings, not a tucked dive.

In the final month of 2020 I acquired an Apple IPhone 12 Pro Max and it’s four camera systems. It now supports a new image file called ProRaw that is 12 bit and provides almost 68 billion colors and tones that uses SmartHDR and Deep Fusion as well as an amazing night mode. It does things that no other camera can do. It is a stellar hiking camera and moving map gps as well and still carries all my plant identification and foraging books, super light and minimalist.
With it I captured the best hummingbird image of my life. I have a couple thousand hiking images with my older iPhone cameras and around 42,000 DSLR images before that. I have no plans to use any other camera systems other than my iPhone at this time. It is that good.