I'll try to stick to 2020 but as I have little concept of time I might say something that happened in 2018 or 2019.

-I am 6 months away from retirement. Everything is proceeding pretty much as planned. Finances OK (not buying a new Mercedes anytime soon but not missing any meals either), finding activities I enjoy, etc.

-I did my first on-site assessment of a forensic laboratory for accreditation purposes. This might have been late 2019. This is volunteer work that I feel is important. I think what I enjoy most is ensuring a properly operating forensic lab for society (trying not to sound mushy). So I found some meaningful (to me) volunteer work for retirement. I only assess my specialty areas, not the whole facility.

-2020 saw me up my involvement with a local trail maintenance crew for the Florida National Scenic Trail. More volunteer work that I really enjoy.
I may add state forest trail maintenance but these two may be enough volunteer activity to keep me busy during retirement. I also have personal projects.

-I had thought about consulting but have been hesitant. I recently got snagged into writing a quick start guide for an instrument in the lab and discovered I don't really enjoy this. There are other complications with consulting, especially in forensic specialties. I may consult to help people occasionally but I now know not to pursue it.

-My plans for an AT thru hike have been changed to section hike due to several matters not discussed here, but I'm feeling positive about still getting the AT hiked, as well as a few more hikes.

-I have so much vacation time accrued that I'm spending my last months of employment working no more than 4 days per week. This is awesome!

-I wouldn't say I'm anti-social, but I am more non-social. No reason, it's just who I am. This means the pandemic has had minimal impact on me. The main downside is I can't travel as I prefer, but I think that is what is called a first world problem. I also missed a trip as I usually do one major trip (non-backpacking) per year. My last trip was in 2019 to Israel so I guess that's as good a way to cap off travelling internationally as any. Although short I did get to see many sites significant to my faith.