One particular incident I recall hiking with my dog and seeing a woman further up the trail. I could see her step just off the trail and was obviously tense as I approached. Once she saw my dog she relaxed. I said hello and kept walking.

I'm told it's similar when a creep sees a woman. Once they see her dog, they back off.

I'm not sure how I feel about the suggestion that older, white men need to take charge of making things right. I'm not saying I'm opposed to it, but it opens a whole 'nuther can of worms. Women aren't capable/equal, black men are a problem and incapable of help, etc.

I know at least one response will be, older white men are the main perpetrators. But that falls into the race trap too. I could argue (as a smaller stature and now getting older white guy) that all the assaults I experienced when I was a lifeguard were by young black males (true) so now all young black males need to behave a certain way to make me feel comfortable. I choose instead to get past it. In fact, among the top five interns assigned to me in my career was a young black male.

I could go on but I'm probably babbling too much already.

Edited by PerryMK (10/17/20 06:16 AM)