I've used the older versions of the Exos, and it's a very nice pack. With it, you have the option of a 58 or 48 liter pack, whichever fits your load better. The compression straps (including the sleeping bag straps) are about 1/4" or so wide, but I never had any trouble with them wearing out. They seem as sturdy as the wider straps on the Atmos.

I've also used the Atmos - great pack; comfort is right up there with the old Dana Design Terraplanes - but it's also got a lot of overkill with a sleeping bag compartment (shelf, zipper) and wider straps.

The only Granite Gear pack I have any experience with was the original Vapor Trail; I gave it to a young scout probably 15 years ago.

You might want to add the Gregory Optic pack to your choices. Until January, I was using the Osprey Levity 45 (I carry about 15 pounds, mostly because I'm 70 years old and need to carry a lighter load.) In January, I got the Optic 48, and it has now replaced my Levity. It's about a pound heavier, but the suspension is much beefier and more supportive. (The pack's weight is very close to the Exos, but the hipbelt is far more robust.) It also has the narrower straps, but they seem to be plenty sturdy. The lower set of side compression straps extend down and around the bottom of the pack to form sleeping pad straps that could be used for lashing on your rod. Thanks to the pandemic closing all the nearby backcountry camping areas, I've only had the chance to use it on two overnights - but I've carried it on some 8-mile dayhikes, and it's really comfortable.