I have a Eureka Spitfire 1-person tent, which I see is now discontinued, but here's some info anyway in case you find one somewhere.

Inexpensive - I paid $135 locally.

Reasonably light, though not UL by today's standards. Mine weighs 3.5 lbs., including 2 groundhog stakes and enough titanium stakes and lines to guy out every guy point, and a 2-mil plastic groundsheet.

Pretty small. I saw reviews that suggested "roomy for a big guy," but it certainly isn't. I'm a little guy, and it's barely big enough.

It seems fairly weather-worthy, but I've never had it in a real storm. Under the right (or wrong?) conditions, dirt or sand can blow in under the fly and through the mesh. This is likely true of most tents that don't allow the fly to be pitched clear to the ground.

I'd like to find something lighter myself...maybe one of the Six Moon Designs Lunar Solo or similar. I see there's a very similar Chinese-made tent called the 3FUL Lanshan that gets good reviews and is sometimes available under $100. They make a "pro" version of 30d silnylon which looks better, costs slightly more, and which you have to seam-seal yourself, since the fabric is silicone on both sides. Also called "Flames Creed," which I suppose is a translation of something Chinese. Lots of YouTube videos about them.

Also, though it's a DIY project, the Ray-Way tarp and net tent work well, and pretty storm-worthy when pitched low. I made a 2-person version (from his book - I didn't buy the kit) and am toying with the idea of making a 1-person.

Edited by Bill Kennedy (02/08/20 03:12 AM)