lol, why yes, it *is* a large rectangular bag! Thanks for more baffle information. And also yes, the baffles run side to side, although when I learned about it yesterday, I felt around from the outside (without knowing the name of it yet), and it does seem that there is a side block baffle.

I did also notice awhile back that a couple of stitches that run across the bag have come loose in one spot. I remember at the time thinking, "oh boy. bag's comin apart." I already had a rough idea of how bags are constructed--I've been studying various bag constructions for a couple months, so I figured there was a gap between the mesh and the shell, but I didn't give it much thought or attention. I also happen to be addicted to the game Clash of Clans, so that gets in the way of a lot of things.

Except for the one baffle I opened up and stuffed yesterday, the only down in the chest baffles is that which is caught in the selvedge/stitching from when they made it. Hold it up to the light--there's nothin there. I'll feel around for damaged baffles.

Am I crazy, or is the compartment called a baffle and the mesh that separates them also called a baffle XD