Summer before this past, I stood inside the bag with foot end on my head, shaking it like the dickens in an attempt to distribute down from feet back to chest to no avail. Willing to try again though, maybe more with a pushing action than a shaking. It's just puzzling that it can shift from baffle to baffle on its own, but I (the intelligent human, haha) can't shift it back...like (rhetorical question) why don't they use a solid fabric instead of no seeum? weight i guess?

Speaking of...yes! My baffle-in-the-baffle idea would add some weight. The trade off (in theory) is that the down wouldn't shift to the side-body and would stay on top on account of the three compartments in my handmade baffle. I'm a knitter too, and sometimes when I'm designing, I get such great and complex ideas that I end up giving up because they are too intricate and involved for my patience. So thanks for the vote of just opening the existing baffles and re-stuffing. My boyfriend suggested it long ago when I was getting frustrated and overwhelmed with the project, but I also have a stubborn streak, and I didn't yet want to give up on my "brilliant" idea.

With the ironing, I'm not intentionally melting the fabric, although that has happened half a dozen times when I accidentally heated the spoon too hot. The threads in the nylon realign, just as they would if using a household iron, but it just takes a lot more "doing" with the spoon, as you can imagine, lol!

Thanks for your input, I appreciate you being a sounding board smile