The things I'll carry for my "experiment" are the Gerber LST Mini pocketknife, Uncle Bill's Sliver Gripper tweezers, Fiskars folding travel scissors, and a small Revlon nail file (with a blunt end that might work as a screwdriver.) I could see myself replacing the nail file with a small pair of fingernail clippers with a built-in file; depends on how well the scissors work on finger and toe nails.

The tool I use most is a nail file; I'm always breaking or snagging a nail on something, so it gets used several times on a trip. Nail clippers get used occasionally, if I forget to trim my nails before I leave. (Trimming them never seems to prevent the chipped fingernails, though.) I'm going to try a few trips without them; I'm thinking that scissors might do an adequate job.

After the nail file, it's scissors - mostly to open the freeze-dried food bags that never rip along the line they're designed to follow. After that, tweezers for the occasional splinter (mine or someone else's.)

I'll use a knife occasionally (once every few trips), but it's one of those things nothing can replace when I do need it. I've never used a screwdriver, pliers, or any of the other little things that come on the more "robust" mini-tools: bottle openers, packaging cutters, corkscrews, awl-like needles, hooks, saws, rulers, etc.