Welcome!

Most people here recommend lightweight hiking shoes... but usually not particular makes or models because how the shoe fits your foot is much more important than how it fits my foot. I will say Merrells are good shoes. I used to wear them quite a bit but either they changed their fit or my foot changed shape 10-15 years ago, because since then I haven't been able to find a pair of Merrells I like.

Those particular Merrells look like good shoes. I usually look for more mesh in a hiking shoe to make them more breathable, but they don't have GTX so they should still be pretty breathable. One thing I will say, as a bigger guy myself, is that I have found some lightweight hikers can get too lightweight in the sole for me. They feel great around town, but out on the trail you can feel every rock and pebble pushing into your foot. I've never had that problem with Merrells but now days I look for shoes with a "rockplate". I put that in quotes, because I've yet to find a manufacturer who uses that term. Each manufacturer uses a unique term to prevent comparing to someone else's shoe. These shoes have a "Kinetic Fit base footbeds", but I'm not sure what that means. You can read descriptions of other Merrell shoes to see if you can figure out which offers the best protection to your soles. (or... this might not be particularly important for you.)