As suggested in several posts, what you use really depends on your style of cooking and eating. Do you just rehydrate dehydrated or freeze-dried food, as most of us do? (I cook my own food at home and dehydrate it, except for a few components for which I buy freeze dried, especially peas which, when home-dehydrated, remain the consistency of buckshot even after long cooking.) Or do you make meals from scratch?

My kit is a 1/2 liter titanium pot and a long-handled plastic spoon. Plus a cozy. I rehydrate in and eat out of the freezer bag in which my meal is stored. Once I've boiled the water in the pot and poured it into the freezer bag, I make tea and drink it out of the pot while waiting for my meal to finish rehydrating. The only item I need to wash is the spoon. (Did you guess that I hate washing dishes?)

On the other hand, you may be into gourmet camp cooking, which involves more pans and more preparation time and effort. My mother did this, and her camp cooking was far better than what she accomplished at home (where my father did the cooking). She had a 6-meal menu, baked yeast rolls, made pie or cake for dessert each night. Of course this involves more and weightier pots and pans, which wasn't as much of an issue because my parents horse-packed, although the horses' loads were lighter and more spartan than the usual horse-packing outfit.

In other words, your cooking and eating gear configuration totally depends on the style you prefer. I've described two styles, one minimalist and one gourmet, from my own experience, and there are lots of gradations in between.

If you cook, you probably want aluminum which spreads the heat more evenly. If you only boil water, titanium is lighter and does the job. If you backpack solo, you need only minimal (eat out of the pot or freezer bag, drink beverages out of the pot), while if you travel with more than one person, you need individual eating implements (such as cups and/or bowls).

In any case, IMHO, buying individual items is probably a better choice than a "kit," which will inevitably contain items you won't use and lack other items that you want or need.