I understand that people like to go lightweight especially when backpacking a long distance.

I still cant believe that a lot of you hike well over Twenty Miles at a time. I don't think I've heard of too many people hiking anything close to 50 much less 400 miles.

Anything over 15 would be crazy

The longest trail I have hiked so far was 5 miles (not flat tough) although I have done it on well over 20 times, but each time was less than 5 miles

I can understand if you're really into hiking well over 50 Mi why you would not want your pack to be heavy tough

As far as what type of gear I have in my pack yes I'm definitely coming from the Bushcraft side

I too, even with my relatively non extensive experience have shed weight in my pack but in the beginning, I, had axes in my pack I still have care have a large blade but it seems to me people who like the backpack light may have started with a just a 5 inch fixed blade and downgraded to a Swiss army knife

That's that's kind of funny to me but I can still understand it

Personally I like to have a large blade for batoning wood for making a fire I haven't really talked about other additional issues like sleep systems and such if it's really cold outside I don't like to sleep without a fire that's why I need a big knife or an axe

Im in Louisiana