My first ever memory of hiking, I was only a toddler, my family and I went on a day hike in what I believe was the Colorado front range. We were up on a low ridge or bald, the trail was easy, the weather was perfect, and the wildflowers were in bloom. I would really love to find that place again, but unfortunately, the location is probably lost to memory. The only one who could possible tell me would be my dad, but I doubt he remembers. And, I don't blame him; how can you expect someone to remember one day hike from so long ago in a life full of memories.

Another one, the only time I've been to the Grand Canyon: Back in college, some friends and I were dropped off in Grand Canyon Village and told to be back in 1 hour. We used our time to hike part way down Bright Angel Trail. We always said we would go back and hike all to way to the bottom at some point (we didn't know to call it Indian Garden at the time). Well, I can't remember the exact year this was, but it's been almost, if not more than, 20 years now. Our group has moved apart, started families, careers, mortgages... I don't think it will ever happen. All the same, I'd like to go back with or without them.