I just looked at the user list. I noticed a number of folks who were frequent contributors some years back but have disappeared and are missed. I'm thinking of phat, midnightsun, ringtail, sarbar and others. (I at least do know how and what sarbar is doing!) Of those of us who went on the TLB Columbia Gorge backpack some years back, I'm the only one left on this forum, except for Jimshaw who is no longer active but still drops in to say hello a couple times a year.

Although I'm not a smartphone user (as Gord mentioned, we older folks can't cope with the small screen), I do agree that having smartphone-compatible forum software is important. My children (ages 48 - 59, so no longer young) and my grandchildren (except for #7, who's only 4 months old) are wedded to their phones! I suspect this may be why we've lost some of our younger members who were here for several years and then dropped out.

Whether such software would be feasible for packlite from a cost standpoint is another question.

Edited by OregonMouse (10/18/18 02:19 PM)