I’ve seen a couple in southern Ohio, across the river from Kentucky - or at least, that’s what I think they are. (Can a casual, untrained observer like me ever be sure?)

I’ve seen a couple in Zaleski, on the backpack trail there - that’s in Athens, east of Chillicothe. I’ve also seen one in Sugar Creek MetroPark in Dayton; if I remember right, the park brochure identifies it as one. (The brochure is the extent of my formal education on this subject.) I’ve seen several on the Twin Valley Trail in Germantown. Finally, there’s a tree that I suspect is one right beside the 18th green at Miamisburg’s Mound Golf Course - at the bottom of the hill on top of which the Adena built the towering Miamisburg Mound.

As you well know (I’m betting), the Miami, Shawnee (?), and other nations ranged through the southern part of Ohio until the early 1800s. Feel free to send me a PM if I can be of any help.

And, by the way, welcome! If you don’t backpack now, maybe you’d like to start? (We could actually try to locate some of those trees!)