How necessary is the Gatorade? I found out, on a trip to Isle Royale, that coffee, tea, and cocoa was bulky and not very calorie-dense - and weighed about a pound for a week’s supply. I switched to water for beverage, with a few beef and chicken boullion (sp?) cubes in case I needed a hot drink. I’m wondering if the Gatorade is really necessary? (Seems like you have enough food variety for electrolyte replacement.)

Butter is pretty calorie-dense (if you don’t like olive oil) - you could carry a couple of sticks, and add a chunk to your breakfast oatmeal or your supper for calories. Bear Valley Pemmican bars (from REI) are like granola bars on steroids, with more calories than a Kind bar. Finally, what about a big bag of trail mix? (Whatever mix of dried fruit, nuts, and candy tickles your fancy - traditional is raisins, peanuts and M&Ms. A gallon freezer bag should last a week.) It’s also squishy (or you could pack it in quart-size freezer bags), and lets you use all the nooks and crannies of the bear vault.

Have a great trip!