Originally Posted By Scotttyd
so at the expense of starting a brand loyal war - my question is - does brand really matter?

Yes, it does! Whichever brand offers backpacks that are 100% waterproof, not just "water resistant" like all the rest, becomes a brand of importance when choosing a backpack for me, because as an ultralight backpacker it means not having to carry the additional weight and inconvenience of a waterproof cover with me to protect my backpack, and/or it's contents, from the elements. When researching all the different brands out there, it wasn't long before I discovered that all of Mountain Hardware's RT Outdry backpacks are guaranteed to be 100% waterproof (In fact you can go swimming with them, or even use them as flotation devices!). Whilst there are lighter backpacks available, they are not as ruggedly built as Mountain Hardware's Outdry range either, so you get more product life for your money. And lastly because I found them relatively inexpensive. I decided to buy my Scrambler RT35 Outdry backpack from them, precisely for the reasons I mentioned.

Edited by Alf (05/11/18 08:58 PM)