It was fun to look at your list and compare. A lot of it is personal opinion: how much will I carry for the sake of convenience or comfort?
I used to carry much more when I was young. I'm down to about a base weight of 17 pounds now.

Big three;
I use an REI 9x9 tarp that weighs 24 ounces and love it. I had a tent much like yours and sold it on E-bay to a very happy younger person.
I also have a 2 pound tarp tent made by Mountain Hardware that I like, but for summer the Tarp is nicer because I have the views, more room, and it is lighter.

My sleep bag is 32 ounces (27degree bag) you are better than me there.
You pack is about the same as my Flash 50, a bit lighter in fact.

You could probably get by with a lighter cook pot. I think I have a few that weigh 3.5 oz with an aluminum foil lid.

I happily live in an area where we can freely drink the water without danger, and have for many years without incident. Gland I don't have to carry a water filter. When traveling out of state I share the wt. of the water filter with several other people.

Clothing is personal, looks well thought out to me.
I would never carry a tripod. Can't you just increase your shutter speed or set the camera on a log or something?

Unless birding I don't take my best (heavy) binoculars. My cheaper 8x21 binoculers weigh 8.4 w/o case.

oh, almost forgot. I use an esbit homemade stove nowadays and the windscreen/pot holder only weighs an ounce or so. I completely understand taking a canister stove and did for many years and still use my MSR Windpro in winter or at high altitudes, but usually split the weight with a friend, as we did last week.

Edited by Jim M (04/22/18 07:58 PM)