Originally Posted By OregonMouse
I trust only health information from standard scientific sources, sorry. There is a lot of folklore out there on the internet, much of it not based on evidence obtained from peer-reviewed, controlled scientific studies. I've followed this controversy since the 1960s, and I'm sorry to see so much folklore on a theory that has been discredited for many years. I've found that most sites advertising themselves as "natural" base their info on bits of anecdotal evidence cherry-picked to support already-decided conclusions. I do have sufficient scientific/academic training to know the difference!

In any case, the anodizing process for aluminum takes care of issues related to corrosion, and produces a relatively non-stick surface, which is why I specifically recommend anodized aluminum for those who are going to do real cooking.

Unfortunately, the anodising process does not prevent Aluminium getting eroded and getting into your food, because the anodised coating itself is composed entirely of Aluminium oxide, which is just as soluble into food acids as an Al pot itself is.