I had to look this up because I had no idea what a "BRC" is. It's normally known as a bear canister.

Carry it inside your pack. If outside, it will cause problems with pack balance, particularly when full of food. You may, of course, need a bigger pack. The Bear Vault also makes a convenient stool to sit on in camp.

You might want to think about where you may want to backpack in the future. Does this park specifically state a hard-sided canister or just a container approved by the IGBC (Interagency Grizzly Bear Committee)? If the latter, check out the Ursack S29 (much lighter), unless you plan to backpack the Sierra Nevada or Olympic NP in future. The Bear Vault can't be used in one part of the Adirondacks.

Using an external bag or harness on the canister will make it easy for a bear to carry it off.

You may need to modify your food menu to avoid bulk. For instance, take rice or couscous (which is a form of pasta) instead of noodles. While I missed slurping noodles, the taste of my spaghetti using couscous was exactly the same. If you must take noodles or chips, smash them thoroughly and eat the the crumbs with your spoon. Repackage everything to make it more compact, and stick to flexible packaging.

I presume you've studied up on how to cook and store your food in grizz country!