I have a deschute plus. A friend of mine tested the lightheart gear solong 6 in heavy rain and he said he got quite a bit of water. Dont wont cuben fiber so Zpacks is out. I prefer a side entry. thats why the Protrail is out of the question. I think I may get the TiGoat bug bivy. It comes with a silnylon bathtub floor and only weighs 6.4 oz. That will put my setup at about 22oz. Lighter than all the above beside MLD and Zpacks. Also considering the Mountain wilderness gear 5x9 tarp 6oz . Paired with the bivy. The gatewood cape is also a good option but I cant buy it right now.

Im in Houston and mostly do weekend backpacks in the area. the humidity is 100 percent every day. I did get a lot of condensation in the Deschute but i modified it a little and now I am able to raise it much higher so i get good air flow so condensation is minimal. I also spend a lot of time backpacking in Southern Utah where it is dry

So, I want a side entry tent big enough for my, my gear and do. I am 6'4, 200lbs. Prefer a double wall or a single wall hybrid, no CF because I am not ready to spend 500 on a tent. I backpack in both humid and dry climates. I need it to be under 1.5lbs and be able to compress pretty small. Only use a 38 liter pack. I use two trekking poles. Needs good wind resistance. i want to spend 350 tops on it

Edited by toddfw2003 (05/05/17 12:10 AM)