There are a lot of questions involved, for me at least, before thinking about what tent or tents might be "best". Single-wall or double wall? Tarptent brand tents are mostly single-wall, which might be fine for you. Where I live, the Pacific NW, there's somewhat of a bias towards double-walled tents as it's somewhat of a wetter, more humid area than, say, the American SW in general.

What are your priorities apart from weight? Wind characteristics, free-standing or not an issue, overall "footprint" (amount of space required to pitch the tent). Do you prefer a side-entry (most do) over entering the tent from one end, and if so, how much does that matter to you? Do you care if you have a lot or just a little or no dry storage space external to the tent body? Do you use trekking poles, and if so, just one or two? How big a factor is cost?

Etc etc.

I have a couple of tarptent brand tents and like them fine, but they're not always the optimal "tool for the job", depending on the particular trip. If you want just one tent to do it all, that's somewhat of a factor too I guess!