So I recently loaned some gear to a good acquaintance who had never been camping. When I was asking about getting the gear back, she happily informed me, that out of the goodness of her heart, she was having a down sleeping bag, a synthetic sleeping bag, and a tent, all dry cleaned!

So, definitely she has good intentions, but now I am pretty concerned about my gear. Everywhere I have read says not to dry clean any sleeping bags, much less down sleeping bags. Does anyone have experience with this? Will it completely ruin it or is it a matter of decreasing the overall life of the bag?

Most of the gear I loaned her was "extra" but I use it to loan to people who go backpacking with me, and it is still worth a decent amount of money. I haven't really been in this situation before. When I loaned it to her, I figured there wasn't really any major way they could damage anything, except putting a hole in it by accident, and that can always be patched. I didn't really expect her to choose the only way of potentially ruining the sleeping bag...