I was hunting one day, and walked through a grassy area to get to where I was going to sit and call for a bit. When I went to sit down, my legs looked like they were moving. I had obviously walked through a tick nest as I had thousands of ticks covering my legs. Basically everything from the waist down was crawling.

I'm not a bug person, so the heck with calling! I was frantically brushing my legs off, jumping around with the heebie-jeebie shuffle doing it's thing. Being alone in the woods at that time... Priceless! It kinda freaked me out having that many on me, so I ended up going home, shaking and washing all my clothes and doing a thorough search for the buggers on me. Luckily, none got through my clothes onto me, but the damage was done.

I ended up purchasing something called a Rhino Skin from Cabelas; not sure if they still carry them or not (or even if they still make them). Think of it like a full suit of pantyhose material, except tougher and not really prone to runs. Biting insects cannot bite through the material, although stinging insects can get through the fibers. So good for black flies which bite, but no good for mosquitoes that feed with a stinger of sorts. Of course I bought the camo ones so that it would look cool, although the plain green would have worked good too. I was in a camo phase at the time.

I wore them twice. Found they are a bit warm, until you move (same as pantyhose). They feel weird under your clothes because everything slides around over the top of them. Although now with the synthetic undergarments out there, I'm sure they would feel less weird now. The suit came with long underpants, long sleeve t-shirt, gloves & hood.