Originally Posted By Jim M

I found Gasoline is much cheaper in Canada because they use the metric system!
Only $1.37….wow.

If only a litre was as large as an imperial gallon.

Where I live, I can either fill up in Canada, or drive for an hour (30 mins both ways) to cross the US border and fill up there. I still would save a little money on gas purchasing it in the US, even when taking and hour's driving worth into consideration. I know people who do this regularly, but for me, my hour is better spent on something else other than driving to save a couple dollars. $1.37 sounds good until you read the "per litre" after it. Here it's now down to just under $1/L, and still cheaper in the US. Most of it is taxes.

I know for me, growing up using the metric system, I sometimes get mixed up with distances, and have to do the math (1 mile = 1.6 kilometres). Funny though, I grew up using pounds for weight, but always to the nearest pound, so I don't know ounces. So if someone told me they had a 50lb pack, I know exactly what that is, but if they said they had a 30 kilo pack, well then I gotta go figure that out with math again... think it's 2.2 lbs per kilo... 66 pounds... I'll carry the other one.

Either way you look at it, my knees don't care per pound or per kilo, just as long as it's light enough.