Nice to see you checking in Chris.

Sounds like the same thing I dealt with years ago. I'll tell you what I learned.

I think he might want to visit a chiropractor. That's how I got back on track. He adjusted my hips, and that brought some instant relief but I was still in pain. He also told me I had to start doing some stretches everyday and that was the only thing that would ever get me right again.

The main stretch I did was lying on my back and pulling my knee up to my chest, one leg at a time. He told me to do both legs several times, several times a day.

When I asked how long it would be before the pain was gone he asked me how long I'd been hurting. It had been about a year. He said if I did the stretches everyday like he told me it would be about a year before I was pain free. He was right.

I made a point to do them but it wasn't easy because I was in severe pain. But I always felt a little better each time I did them. After almost a year the pain was gone and it's never come back that bad again because when I feel it I do the stretches.

The other thing he told me was to buck up and buy good shoes. He insisted on that, and doing the stretches. I've done both since.

That was 27 years ago and I am still thankful for help I got from that guy. I will never forget him, but I'll add that he made a point of telling me that it was up to me. I had to get the shoes and I had to do the stretches everyday and if I didn't do that I would get worse.

I checked and there are some youtube videos that show some stretches for this. They're not exactly the same as what I was taught but they're very close and may even work better.