The liquid is not approved by the EPA for giardia or cryptosporidium. The Aquamira goes through a lot of beating around the bush on their website, but that is the real story. Unfortunately, I am away from home and do not have my link to the source, but it is reputable. Aquamira also has a filter (supposed to filter out giardia while you use chemicals for bacteria and viruses), but nowhere on their website could I find the filter size. Turns out (after a day of research) that it's 3 microns, two microns bigger than what is recommended for filtering protozoa and their cysts.

Personally, I far prefer a filter, although I do carry some of the tablets as backup (especially since the time I forgot the tablets and my filter clogged...)

I'm not familiar with the Lifestraw but wonder how a straw could be used to fill a container.

You might want to read what the Centers for Dissease Control has to say on the subject.

Edited by OregonMouse (09/14/15 05:34 PM)