Yesterday I tried electrical etching using the method described in Perry's post ,have to say, I was underwhelmed! It left the surface slightly brownish, this on the botton of my pot. Advanced on to the internal marking. What I got was almost, unseeable markings inside.(this under fairly good lighting conditions) For the record, I also tryed this on some scrap al. I had in the scrap bin. No visible marks were produced at all. I did some researching on the back backing lite site. And found an enlarged explanation of the copper faced stamping process. Made a trip out to the cheapest tool dealer in town and have embarked on this since it was my org. preferred method. This'll take a few weeks, since I also have a few irons going right now. Good or bad, I promise a report when done.

Edited by the-gr8t-waldo (07/25/15 08:35 PM)