Interesting because my foot and knee problems are considerably exacerbated by boots. As a result I haven't worn boots at all for the last 5 years, and my feet and legs are far happier.

With the popularity of running (I can remember when Converse sneakers were about the only shoe available for such activities, and the few people who ran or even walked for exercise were considered not quite "all there"), there are now many light, supportive shoes made for almost every conceivable kind of foot. (Notice the "almost.") The problem, of course, is vanity. Ignore the size number; get the shoe that has room for your feet!

I was always, even as a teenager, very careful to get shoes that fit properly, regardless of fashion. That's because my mother had severe bunions she blamed on ill-fitting shoes. Actually, hers were probably genetic--I developed the bunions and hammertoes anyway, and two of my four children also have them.

HYOH and all that!

Edited by OregonMouse (06/29/15 04:41 PM)