My start date is June 10th. I did my best to get my weight down to 10lbs given the funds that I had available. The thermarest is a Neo Air X-Lite (inflatable).

The rain pants is something I am going to carry for laundry days and if the weather is really bad. They are my extra bottoms. If I find I do not need them I will mail them home. I could also drop the wind shell, but it is one of my favorite pieces of gear.

The gloves are for the black fly season. I am going to be hitting it during the peak so I plan to stay covered most of the time. I usually never hike with gloves. Once I get through the hellish bug storm I will send them home.

I carry two pairs of socks always, one to sleep in and one to hike in. Something that will stick throughout the hike.

As for electronics, since I am going alone, my mom has insisted that I carry the Delorme and ample enough battery supply in case of emergency. Something I am carrying on her behalf. If I find that I don't need it I will most likely send it home. For now it is going to have to stay in my pack.

I am also carrying a guidebook that is not added to the list.

Thanks for the feedback Brian. I am hoping to finish before Thanksgiving.