I try to keep my pack weight under 20 pounds so I hike in running shorts and a t-shirt. I use Smartwool micro light running socks. They are pretty durable and can be hand washed and dried overnight. you can also get a couple days use out of them. as such I only pack a pair of lightweight long pants and they smartwool base layer long sleeve shirt for colder weather and night time wear. so I don't have a change of clothes I just have a colder layer. I change into the cold layer for the evening and try to rinse off my shorts and t shirt so they can dry over the night. this has proved really effective for me in the summertime. the t-shirt is a North Face brand lightweight quick-drying fabric similar to Cool Max. They usually cost about $20. they don't hold order, they're as comfortable as cotton but dry pretty quickly.

I pack a pair of ice breaker wool briefs and a spare pair of smartwool socks as part of my cold layer. I sleep in the briefs and a long sleeve smartwool baselayer.in the morning I put on the mostly dry running shorts and t-shirt and previous days socks