It seems to me that these days companies change their rain jackets every year and each time they change the jacket they change the name, so that even though I bought a new UL rain jacket last year, I've forgotten what it was called and it was already on closeout, so by now you couldn't buy a new one anyway. The Precip has maintained its name continuously for more than a decade, but even it changes design slightly every year and I can't recommend it, except as being better than nothing.

As a general rule, any of the new rain jackets do pretty well in cool temps and light to moderate rain, during light to moderate exertion. In heavy rain, or when outdoor air temps are warm, or under heavy exertion, they generally lose whatever modest amount of breathability they may claim to have. UL jackets that depend on DWR coatings also begin to leak whenever they suffer enough wear and abrasion to compromise that coating.

The most reliable method for maintaining breathability under exertion is still ventilation, ventilation, ventilation. Incidentally, the best ventilated rain protection you can get is an umbrella. If the air temps are truly warm, the wind is calm, and you are exerting heavily, you could consider the tactic of just getting wet and either changing into dry clothes in camp or letting the clothes dry from body heat when the rain stops. This ONLY works well if your clothes are synthetic, not cotton, and the rain really does stop.

After years of trial and error here in the PNW, I've given up on finding the perfect rain jacket that can keep me dry under all conditions. I've concluded it is as mythical as the chimera. My latest strategy has been to bring a very lightweight rain jacket and rain pants always (11 ounces combined), and add an umbrella and "waterproof" socks if I expect more than light rain or a heavy, but brief shower or two.