I have always been a tent junkie. I have had a bunch of different ones over the years. I started with mountaineering tents because I was doing as much climbing as possible back then. I have had Eureka tents and they have always held up well, had good features and are well made. They are also affordable.

I still have 3 Eureka tents and plan to hold on to them, great for car camping and such.

I have been using a Big Agnes Seedhouse 1 and I liked it because it was fairly light, easy to set up (aside from the 11 stakes) and good headroom. I discovered a fault with it recently, which I do not like. If you have to get in or out in a good downpour, water runs right in to the floor area from the door, no getting around it aside from putting the tent under a tarp! Not a good thing, using a small pack towel will soak up the water but you really have to keep your sleeping bag and gear well away from the door when opening.

I really, really like the design of the Tarptent Moment DW. It sets up in one minute, no rain gets in either when setting up or when opening the door. More importantly, it weighs under 2 pounds, has room for my backpack in the vestibule and with 2 doors it is always easy to get in and out. I may just have to have one! That will trim another pound and a half to two pounds from my load too.