As a Thermarest rep in the Rocky Mtn territory, I have some new info you might be interested in.

One thing to keep in mind with Thermarest is that everything is made in the USA, all materials come from the US, and no other pad goes through the quality control as does Thermarest. This isn't to say they are perfect, but it is a unique product in the outdoor market because it is scrutinized as much as it is. One example...every mattress that requires air is filled with air to a high psi, and then sits for 48 hours before it ships out...every single mattress...to make sure there are no leaks.

There is a new NeoAir mattress coming this spring (April to be exact). It is called the Voyager and will come in a size of 25" X 70" (not 66" unfortunately). This size has been something I have fought for for the last few years. This will be the only mattress that comes in this size for now. The Voyager retails for $89 and has a R-Value of 2.2.

Currently the NeoAir Trekker comes in a Large Torso size which is 25" X 45".

I would also look at the new EvoLite Plus Mattress which is also coming in April. It is not considered a NeoAir mattress (air only), but a combination of an air-only mattress and a self-inflatable. What this means is that it is 2.5" thick, weighs 20 oz for the regular size (20"X72"), but is self-inflatable. What I'm most looking forward to is that it will soft and supportive like a self-inflatable mattress but have the compressibility and pack size like a NeoAir. The R-Value will be 3.2 for the 'Plus' model. There will also be the EvoLite model that will have a 2.2 R-Value. These will retail for $119 for the Evolite and $139 for the EvoLite Plus.

There's a lot to choose from. I would avoid getting anything that doesn't have any type of insulation or r-value. I would also avoid anything that has a 2 year warranty or less.

There have been some really good points and a lot of great advice from everyone here. If heeded, you can't go wrong!

Edited by jasonlivy (02/10/15 07:12 PM)