Quote:
I wish someone made an air mattress in the wider widths but shorter.

You and a lot of other people! You'd think the manufacturers would be listening! I think that one of the problems is that most of the people who are complaining are either making do with a long pad or have already figured out how to cut their pads shorter, so won't buy a new pad. I personally have no problems with the 20" wide pad, but YMMV!

Exped does have some medium/wide pads in their Synmat line. I'm not trying to sell them or anything, just a satisfied customer.

As I mentioned, if you aren't going to be out when nights get below 45*F, you'll be OK without an insulated pad. Just remember that "average" nightime temps include a lot of nights in which the thermometer goes well below that statistical calculation! I personally look for record lows for each month and prepare for about 5*F above that. Altitude makes a difference, too, as much as 10*F lower than the recorded temps in nearby towns (in case you go to the Smokies).

Edited by OregonMouse (02/10/15 02:42 PM)