Have we ever talk about how much work is involved in maintaining our gears for backpacking?!? After every trips my garage is just full of gears hanging up to dry and be cleaned. I'm currently taking a small brew break from wiping my tent bottom down before I store it. It got dry dirt and little mud on it from the other day when I did the overnighter. Can't seem to find a better method other than detaching it from the rain fly and hang it then proceed to wipe down with a damp rag. I already stored my sleeping bag after letting it dry inside out for a day, already back flushed my water filter, cleaned my cookware, etc.

I told my dad when I get permanent place, I need a yard where I can build a storage building that half bike shop and half backpacking gears! Room to work on the bike and room to dry, clean, and store hiking/camping stuff. Some people like guns, cars, clothes, me? I like outdoor recreation equipments and taking care of them. grin

Edited by ETSU Pride (01/02/15 02:49 PM)