People who fed elks and bears in Cades Cove in the Great Smoky Mountains National Park.

A group of hiker who left their backpack (packed with all gears and food) in thick bush so they could climb a summit without heavy weight. I noticed the backpacks being left there but thought the hikers were nearby relieving themselves or something only later to discover they belong to the group up the trail trying to summit Rocky Top.. A bear could have easily stole their packs and ate it.

A family of 4 with an overweight child trying to hike 2.5 miles (one way) to a small cascade that has a steady and non-stop climb. She was weezing and huffing pretty bad... While I thought it was nice they try to get her to exercise, but that trail will not show kindness to someone in that kind of condition.

Everything else has been mentioned. grin The congress funding definitely makes me mad. Makes me want start a not-for-profit or join an existing one and fight for these funding to remain and partner with businesses to raise funds to keep the national parks and forests operational and out of commercial businesses hands.

Edited by ETSU Pride (12/24/14 10:43 AM)