Thanks for the comments, hopefully I can answer some of your questions.

Originally Posted By BZH

You mention going out with a lot of boys and having a fear of a lawsuit, but if you have something you do not know how to use you are exposing yourself to a lawsuit.

Only if I use it. I think the sutures were the only thing in there that I don't know how to use. I would never use them. However, if there is a doctor around who wanted to use them..... That being said, the steristrips can pretty much cover any need to suture, so real sutures aren't necessary.

Originally Posted By BZH

You seem to have an awful lot of iodine. That stuff is a poison and can do more harm than good if used incorrectly. Do you have training on its correct usage? If so, what situation are you anticipating needing so much?

There is only one bag of liquid iodine. That means one time use. The purpose is for irrigation of a wound. I would fill up my 1.5 liter water bag, dump in the iodine, and use the syringe to irrigate. I am also not a medical professional, however, iodine is used in hospitals in that fashion, and the product was designed specifically for that purpose as well.

Originally Posted By BZH

You seem to have multiple items to handle severe bleeding wounds. Using any one of those items would result in a canceled trip. Having a backup seems like a good idea, but multiple layers of backups seems like overkill.

There are three items for severe bleeding: the compressed gauze, the quick clot, and the izzy bandage. They aren't really backup for each other. They are meant to stack on top of each other. If those don't stop the bleeding, and a tourniquet doesn't, then no helicopter will get there fast enough. And, yeah, if I pull them out, the trip is over.

Originally Posted By BZH

I am surprised you would bring an aide for performing CPR breaths. Seems like a nice to have item to get over swapping spit with a random stranger, not a medical necessity. And as you mentioned current CPR training seems to downplay breathing.

I agree. I think I pulled this out of this kit and put it in my car kit. It has been a while since I did the video.

Originally Posted By BZH

The four sets of gloves also seem over precautious, but I guess I could seem not wanting to introduce infection into a wound.

There are 4 gloves, which makes 2 sets.

Originally Posted By BZH

And finally, if you don't know what the pills do, they shouldn't be in your pack.

They are Benedryl. I found some website that lets you identify unknown medication.

Originally Posted By BZH

I am wondering what people with wilderness first aid training or those involved with SARs think of your kit?

So do I. I asked a lot of medical professionals about this, but I don't think I asked a SAR or someone with wilderness first aid. I asked an emergency room doctor who was also in the infantry, and loves to backpack. His wife is also a doctor and I asked her, she is also in the military. I asked a nurse who camps a lot, but no backpacking.

Of course, then there is all the people online. Most people on the survival/bushcraft forums say I need to put more in it. I figured this site would say I need less. I don't dare post it on BPL, that's just crazy.