Originally Posted By finallyME
I carry a kit for the group. My group mainly consists of boy scouts. Because boy scouts are accident prone, and I want to stay away from law suits because I didn't carry something, my kit is probably bigger than most here. Of course, it is smaller than a lot of other kits with the same purpose.

... here is a description of its contents.
first aid kit
I built this kit for backpacking with scouts, but have pretty much taken it everywhere else we go over the last year+.

First, thanks for opening up the bag and showing everyone exactly what you bring.

I am not medically trained, but I have spent a bit of time thinking about these kinds of things. I had some comments... perhaps they will stir up internal or external debates:

You mention going out with a lot of boys and having a fear of a lawsuit, but if you have something you do not know how to use you are exposing yourself to a lawsuit.

You seem to have an awful lot of iodine. That stuff is a poison and can do more harm than good if used incorrectly. Do you have training on its correct usage? If so, what situation are you anticipating needing so much?

You seem to have multiple items to handle severe bleeding wounds. Using any one of those items would result in a canceled trip. Having a backup seems like a good idea, but multiple layers of backups seems like overkill.

I am surprised you would bring an aide for performing CPR breaths. Seems like a nice to have item to get over swapping spit with a random stranger, not a medical necessity. And as you mentioned current CPR training seems to downplay breathing.

The four sets of gloves also seem over precautious, but I guess I could seem not wanting to introduce infection into a wound.

And finally, if you don't know what the pills do, they shouldn't be in your pack.

I am wondering what people with wilderness first aid training or those involved with SARs think of your kit?