Originally Posted By 4evrplan
Can you tell us more about a SHIP? Googling that exact phrase returns 0 results.

4evrplan,

I'm retired military, so I needed an acronym. I settled on SHelter Integrated Pushcart. I'd call it the Road Ship. Lucky it's not a trailer. smile

The first generation pushcart I'm testing is in the July 28th post on my signature link. After looking at it, I decided it would be fun to have a cart designed to sleep in. I'm still pondering the design, but it would have to extend and pop up to make a tent out of it. I'd want a back for a chair in it so I can sit in it comfortably.

It turns out, pushing a cart is more efficient than walking without a pack or a pushcart. I can't explain why, but I've scientifically shown it to be true at least for me.

The wheels are quick release, so I could let it sit on the ground like a tent and the frame wouldn't bear any of my weight. I'd want a tent with vertical sides on top of the frame. I also want the option for a chair back so I could sit comfortably in it.

The pushcart on my blog won't work for the hike I'm planning as there are times I'd have to carry about 80 to 100 pounds of water. I'll need to refine that number by testing it at home.

The SHIP may turn out to be impractical, but as I contemplate the design, I'll probably find ways to strengthen the cart I have.