If you get the cheap kind (as oat Big 5), dig out your sewing machine and add reinforcement to the crotch seam. Sewing it twice is best! Of course I often have to do this with expensive pants, too! Having the crotch seam (all too often sewn with a single row of long, loose stitches) fail can be rather embarrassing, especially since (at least for me) it often occurs when in a crowd! blush

With those zippers to remove/reattach the legs (which I hate), the weight difference between the convertible pants and a separate pair of slacks and lightweight swim trunks is basically nonexistent. Plus with separate slacks and nylon shorts, you have a spare if you get one of them wet.

I do suspect, though, that it's more likely to be 30* F with high winds and precipitation than 90*F at the top of Mt. Washington, even in July!

Sarracenia, it's extremely confusing that some of your items have the weights listed in ounces and others in grams. I'd use all one thing or all the other, and because of the mixed weight systems, I'd also check your totals! At least with online converters, you don't have to do it manually.

Edited by OregonMouse (06/22/14 11:55 PM)