Originally Posted By Boogie
I guess I was looking to see if folks who used to wear vasque sundowners have found an equivalent boot that is comfy. I realize every foot is different, and I don't agree that brand doesn't matter, especially when you read about boots falling apart after only a few hikes. I live in the sticks so my shopping will unfortunately happen online, but I'm okay with returning and waiting. I like a wide toe box, and have read good things about Zamberlan, so I may look into these. All of hiking will be in the northwest so waterproof is essential. Other qualifiers include; vibram sole, durability, etc...

Anyhow if you have a brand/model that has worked for you let me know, but if you're just going to say brand doesn't matter, save it, somebody has already stated that...

I think you have it backwards. You don't check into brands first, you find out what boots fit your feet THEN you can check on the reputation of the brands that fit to narrow down your choices.

But since you asked I've had great results with LL Bean and Salomon boots. Bean also has the advantage of having a great warranty, so if the boots do start to fall apart earlier than you believe they should you can send them back and get a new pair.