“…or use an alcohol stove and carry 10 ozs of fuel when I can use a jetboil… By time some of these people pack the stove fuel windscreens and other apparatus the need to fire up an alcohol stove is it worth it??”

Yep. For way less money you can save 9oz (over Jetboil) and go with alcohol. Except for Esbit, alcy stoves will always be your lightest hot meal setup no matter how many days you can carry.
JetBoils are one of your heaviest backpacking stove choices. Even a Whisper Loud will be similar in weight (looking at whole cooking picture and using AverageWeight/day)

For 10oz of alcy fuel, I can go 7 days (hot breakfast and hot supper with spare fuel). The alcy setup will average 12.8oz/day. The 7-day Jetboil setup will average 21.75oz/day

Or for a 3 day setup the alcy kitchen will average 8.8oz/day and the jetboil setup will be 18oz/day.

Yes, you will boil in 4 minutes instead of 8 (or 6), but there are a lot of camp chores that can be accomplished during that time. I.e., light the stove. Do your chores. And no fiddle factor in cold weather is another bonus. Some more bonuses: No partial canisters laying around. Not taking two canisters because one is almost finished. Alcy fuel is good to the last drop. Can use any plastic container for easy packing.

Other thoughts, I would like to go lightweight with a CCF. There are so many advantages. But comfort rules and I use the Neoair short instead.

-Barry
-The mountains were made for Tevas