Gershon, you'd think I'd get tired of watching alcohol stove videos, but I never seem to. Thanks for posting.

I wasn't really looking to change my stove, but I was sitting at my desk the other day drinking a v8, and the thought popped into my head, "You know, I think I've seen instructions online somewhere for making a stove out of v8 sized cans." So I threw one together and tested it out last night. I had it on a metal pan on top of my kitchen stove, and it worked really well, but it was so small that it's a bit unstable. My test pot had a heavy handle, so I had to put it way off center to keep it balanced. I didn't have water in it, because I was really just testing to make sure it would stay lit and burn cleanly with the pot covering the top (it did), and I was planning to take it off after a few seconds. When I lifted the pot off, however, the stove stuck to the bottom for a split second, and when it fell, it turned over and spilled the fuel into the pan. Thank goodness it all landed in the pan and not over the side. I really should have been testing outside.

I guess the point is, you definitely have to be careful with these things.